Friday 20 June 2014

Music is my prostitute


'Music is my prostitute, its my whore... so f**king pay me!'
Photography by Dale Wesley Hill (http://purpleport.com/portfolio/headshotsportraiture/)

Limited edition prints of this image are available at: http://www.ukvpro.co.uk/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=10006#page=thumbs


I love music, I can't imagine life without it - if there's civilization elsewhere in the universe, they will definitely have 2 things we do: maths (because we need to be able to count) and music.
Its a form of communication; it can mean I love you, I don't want to talk right now, I'm grieving, I'm happy...the meanings are endless.

Much like art its subject to opinion and personal connotations too. I have songs I can no longer listen to or because they're associated with break ups or funerals. 

My partner made me mix cd's when we were at school together,  I really don't think there is a much more romantic gesture, the music spoke to me - it said I want you to be part of my world. A thing I didn't realise until much, much later (9 years to be exact!)

I wanted to get across in this shoot just how pleasurable music can be and how I feel it is part of me.



More images from my shoot with Dale Wesley Hill below...



















No comments:

Post a Comment