Saturday 29 March 2014

Product review - models own nail polish - Speckled eggs in magpie green

I've used models own nail polishes a few times now, they have a great variety of colours and styles so there's always something that suits.

In the past while I've appreciated the quality of the tone and shine,  I've found that the polish flakes extremely quickly, sometimes in the space of a day.

Last night I road tested models own new Easter inspired 'speckled eggs' in green magpie,
The Polish is of a nice consistency, not too clarity or fluid and brushes on like a dream. I was impressed to find it dried very quickly too, taking only a few minutes to set. The minor drawback is the smell, sure everyone who uses nail polish will be familiar with the strong chemical smell it creates but I'm used to it and I found this to be a wee bit overpowering!

After 2 coats, my talons looked like this:




















It's a really nice effect - obviously intended to resemble a birds egg but it has more of a mint choc chip resonance (not that that's a bad thing!)

It's nice as a Spring trend look, definitely perfect for easter or indeed any time you fancy something a bit different. However the model and creative in me sees the chance to do something reptilian or amphibious in appearance, I think it could make for a really interesting look. The cogs in my mind are turning!

Models own is available at Superdrugs and in the small independent bottle stores which are soooo cute!
*goes glassy eyed*














I however took advantage of the great deal they've got on their website at the moment with 6 polishes for £20 which considering they're normally 5-7 quid each is pretty good going.

Http://www.modelsownit.com



No comments:

Post a Comment